Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

A Volcanic Eruption in Vestmannaeyjar 1973

I was living in Australia when I heard of the eruption in my home town Vestmannaeyjar.
It really worried me but I could do nothing about it being so far away so I decided to paint a large painting, I had a calendar which my aunty had sent me with some photos on and my memories which I used to create this painting.  It is about 1mx80cm approximately, painted on canvas with acrylic.
I gave this painting to Vestmannaeyja town when I arrived in 1994.
At the moment some of the children from our Primary school are using it as a reference to paint from under the instruction of their teacher and then they are going to show it at Einarsstofa in our Library in June, it is going to be exiting to see the show.
I will add more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment