Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sleepy Cat

Dreaming Away

Here is a new approach to my water media.

I have just joint another artist website called http://www.wetcanvas.com
 where artists get all sorts of challenges, very exiting!
From all the pictures that we could choose from was one photo of a sleeping cat which I decided to have a go at.  I thought I would make a different approach by using my old set of W&N "Liquid Acrylic Ink" and "Illu Color"
I wanted to go completely from the usual oil and watercolor approach.
My method in few words were as follows:
I sprayed water on a 140lb not watercolor paper, then I poured some yellows, orange and carefully added a little of the sepia for shadows .  While this was drying I started using a pen and a brush to do some glazing and create some texture.  
It has been a long time since I have played with these mediums and I was really enjoying myself.
I hope you enjoy my friends.

7 comments:

  1. This is excellent, Steinunn!! The whole painting actually looks soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and having a look at my blog Dean. It is fun breaking out of the ordinary.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great informatiοn. Lucky me Ι came асross your
    blog by аcciԁent (stumbleupon). Ι have savеd as a favorite fог later!
    Also visit my site : My Journey Into A New Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for that and I will visit your site as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could look so cute while sleeping!
    This is a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you look much "cuter" in you sleep Julie!
    Thank you so much for commenting on my work
    Have a lovely day:)

    ReplyDelete